Business Innovation and Investment Provisional visa are designed for successful entrepreneurs, business innovators, and investors who want to invest, establish and run a business in Australia. This visa enables you to possess as well as manage a business across Australia, conduct a legible and approved business and investment activity across Australia or undertake an authentic entrepreneurial activity anywhere in Australia.
The Business Innovation & Investment Provisional visa has three streams.
1. Business Innovation Stream
2. Investor Stream
3. Significant Investor Stream
The Program is designed to facilitate permanent residence by encouraging the establishment and management of innovative businesses in Australia. Those holding provisional visas under the Business Innovation Stream or Significant Investor Stream can seek two-year extensions as long as the State or Territorial government nominates them for the same. This visa is the first step towards qualifying for a Business Innovation and Investment Permanent visa (Subclass 888). Holding this visa allows you to
1. Establish a new business or develop an existing business and/or invest in Australia.
2. Transact a designated investment with a State or Territory government in Australia.
3. Transact and maintain complying investments in Australia.
4. Travel in and out of Australia as long as the visa is valid.
5. Establish the residence of your family members in Australia
6. Seek permanent residence by becoming eligible to apply for the Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888).
Basic Eligibility Criteria:
● Submit an expression of interest (EOI) in the Skill Select portal
● Nominated by a state or territory government of Australia or Austrade ● Invited to apply (ITA) for this particular visa
Citizenship Application –
Australian citizen (by conferral)
Non-Australian citizens can now apply for citizenship following certain guidelines and standards. If an individual is a permanent resident of Australia and can meet the eligibility requirements given, he might be able to apply for citizenship by conferral. This means that this person is to be conferred or given citizenship.
• You are a permanent resident at a time of application and at the time of decision meets the residence requirements
• You have a basic knowledge of the English language
• You intend to reside or maintain a close and continued connection with Australia
• You have sufficient knowledge of the privileges and responsibilities of citizenship in Australia. An applicant who is 60 years old and above is not required to take the citizenship test.
Australian citizen (by descent)
people born overseas to a parent who is or was an Australian citizen and for parents to register a child born overseas
• You have been born outside Australia.
• ensure that the person you are claiming descent from was your parent at the time of your birth and was also an Australian citizen at the time of your birth.
• You must be of good character if you are 18 years old or over when you apply.
Evidence of citizenship and certificates
If you were born in Australia on or after 27 Feb 2001 and at least one of your parents held a permanent residence visa, then you can apply for the evidence of citizenship certificate.