The prospective marriage 300 visa is granted to people who are engaged and want to get married to an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. The visa allows applicant to stay in Australia for 9 - 15 months and apply for the Partner (subclass 820 and 801) visa within that period.
• You and anyone who applies for the visa with you must be sponsored by your prospective spouse. Sponsorship must be approved by the immigartion officer.
• You must be 18 years old or older when you apply for the visa.
• You must meet health and character requirement
• You might not be eligible for this visa if you have had a visa cancelled or refused while you were in Australia.
• You must be outside of Australia at the time of lodging an application and when the visa is granted