The Skilled Regional 887 is a permanent residence visa for skilled provisional visa holders who lived for at least 2 years and gained at least 12 months of employment experience in the specified regional area of Australia. The applicant must be in Australia to apply for this visa and when it is granted.
Benefits of the Visa
Being a skilled regional visa holder, you can:
● Stay, study and work in Australia for an indefinite period
● Get health care costs covered by Medicare (Australia’s health care scheme)
● Apply for Australian citizenship, once you fulfill the criteria
● Sponsor eligible family members or relatives for permanent residence
● Travel Australia frequently for up to 5 years from the date visa is granted
To be eligible to apply for a permanent Skilled Regional visa (Subclass 887), you must:
● be inside Australia at the time of lodging your visa
● at the time of lodgement hold a prerequisite visa
● have, before lodgement, held a qualifying visa for at least two (2) years
● have lived in a specified regional area for at least two (2) years
● have worked full-time in a specified regional area for at least one (1) year
● Meet relevant health and character requirements.