Student Visa (Subclass 500)
This is a visa for which students must be enrolled in a course of study in Australia. Any student with this visa can easily apply for various full-time courses including Higher Education, Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS), admission in primary or secondary school, and postgraduate research degrees in a recognized education institution. This is a temporary visa to study for up to 5 years. The type of course and its length will determine the length of stay of the visa. The person can be in or outside Australia when he/she applies for the visa. You can include family members when you lodge your visa application.
For student visas, your family member is:
your partner, or
your or your partner's dependent child who is unmarried and has not turned 18 years of age.
From AUD 630
- The person must be enrolled in a course of study in Australia and provide evidence for the same. You must include evidence of enrolment in the study with your student visa application, or your application will not be valid and can't be processed. You must be enrolled in a full-time course registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
- If you are applying for a student visa and you are under 18 years of age, you must have adequate welfare arrangements in place while you are in Australia.
- You and your family members must have and maintain adequate health insurance for the whole of your stay in Australia. The Department of Home Affairs in Australia requires the applicants to hold a valid Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) document.
- It is mandatory to provide evidence of English language skills with the visa application or when asked by an officer otherwise the visa will be denied.
- You must be a genuine temporary entrant and intend to return home after studying in Australia.
- Applicants must have legal evidence of their financial capacity that shows they are eligible to pay their course fees and living costs of their dependent family members.
Benefits of this visa -
You can study full-time in a recognized institution in Australia.
You can bring your family members under limited circumstances
You and your family members will be given work rights depending on your course type.
Your partner (if found eligible) can also study in Australia for three months.
Vocational Education and
25% of applications in 26 days
50% of applications in 89 days
75% of applications in 7 months
90% of applications in 11 months
25% of applications in 10 days
50% of applications in 19 days
75% of applications in 38 days
90% of applications in 5 months
25% of applications in 17 days
50% of applications in 28 days
75% of applications in 4 months
90% of applications in 15 months